Hi Colin,
Thanks for the feedback. I have updated the KIP but with the following
changes.
--The request is still grouped by topics. For each topic, the caller can
specify either partition IDs or a range of partitions to query. If it is a
range query, the request should specify the "first partition id", then the
partition larger or equal to the id will be returned.
--The response is still grouped by topics. When quota limit reached:
---- If it is a range request, the "next partition id" will be specified
within the topic when a partial of partitions can be returned. When the
whole topic can't be returned, the topic will have the
error REQUEST_LIMIT_REACHED.
---- If it is a partition-specific topic, all the partition can't be
returned will have error REQUEST_LIMIT_REACHED
Note, that the request can have partition-specific and range-request topic
mixed.