Hi Christo,

Thanks for the KIP!

Some comments:
1. I agree with Kamal that a metric to cover the time taken to read data
from remote storage is helpful.

2. I can see there are some metrics are only on topic level, but some are
on partition level.
Could you explain why some of them are only on topic level?
Like RemoteLogSizeComputationTime, it's different from partition to
partition, will it be better to be exposed as partition metric?

3. `RemoteLogSizeBytes` metric hanging.
To compute the RemoteLogSizeBytes, we need to wait until all records in the
metadata topic loaded.
What will happen if it takes long to load the data from metadata topic?
Should we instead return -1 or something to indicate it's still loading?

Thanks.
Luke