Hi all,

I'd like to open up KIP-1004 for discussion:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-1004%3A+Enforce+tasks.max+property+in+Kafka+Connect

As a brief summary: this KIP proposes that the Kafka Connect runtime start
failing connectors that generate a greater number of tasks than the
tasks.max property, with an optional emergency override that can be used to
continue running these (probably-buggy) connectors if absolutely necessary.

I'll be taking time off most of the next three weeks, so response latency
may be a bit higher than usual, but I wanted to kick off the discussion in
case we can land this in time for the upcoming 3.7.0 release.

Cheers,

Chris