Thanks for the heads-up, Joe.

We've been shipping Zookeeper 3.4.X for over  two years now (since
CDH4.0) and have many production customers. I'll check if there are
any known issues with breaking quorum. In any case I will take your
comments into account and see if I can arrange for extra testing.

Can you share more information about the 3.4.X issues you were seeing?
Was there especially large clusters involved? large number of
consumers?

Also, I'm curious to hear more about the reasons for separate ZK
cluster. I can see why you'll want it if you have thousands of
consumers, but are there other reasons? Multiple zookeeper installs
can be a pain to manage.

Gwen