Thanks for starting this conversation Ismael. The proposal sounds great to
me.

I understand that JDK 21 is brand new and that may be the answer here, but
I am curious to learn about your thoughts on moving the broker module
directly to JDK 21 instead with 4.0, instead of JDK 17.

(As a one-off anecdote, a recent performance regression was found in 17,
https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8317960, which was already fixed in 21)

--
Divij Vaidya