Hey Andrew,

Thanks for taking a look.

I previously didn't include 1. We do plan to use these features immediately
for KIP-890 and KIP-848. If we think it is easier to put the discussion in
those KIP discussions we can, but I fear that it will easily get lost given
the size of the KIPs.

I named the features similar to how we named metadata version. Transaction
version would control transaction features like enabling a new transaction
record format and APIs to enable KIP-890 part 2. Likewise, the group
coordinator version would also enable the new record formats there and the
new group coordinator. I am open to new names or further discussion.

For 2 and 3, I can provide example scripts that show the usage. I am open
to adding --latest-stable as well.

Justine