Heya Kamal,

I quite like the proposal and would support it!

However, today I don't think we have a metric which shows the latency of
fetch requests which are served from remote, am I wrong?
I looked at both
https://github.com/clolov/kafka/blob/trunk/core/src/main/scala/kafka/network/RequestChannel.scala#L521-L527
and https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#tiered_storage_monitoring.
If I am right, then I believe it would be very useful if this KIP also
introduces such a metric because the two are tightly coupled.

What do you think?

Best,
Christo