Hi Jun,
Thanks for your reply.

161. ShareGroupListing and ShareGroupDescription are using
the same pattern as ConsumerGroupListing and
ConsumerGroupDescription. I have gone for consistency which
I think is probably best here. It’s what I would expect if I had previously
used the admin API for consumer groups and was looking to use it for
share groups. I agree it’s a bit weird.

162. GroupListing contains the only information which is properly
in common between a ConsumerGroupListing and a ShareGroupListing.
ListGroupsResponse.ProtocolType is interpreted to provide the
group type. I know that the ListGroups RPC also includes the group
state, but that’s as a string and there’s no common enum for the states
of all types of group. As a result, I have exposed group type but not
state on this API.

Previously in the discussion for this KIP, I mentioned that I would
create another KIP for the administration of groups, in particular
how the administrator can ensure that particular group IDs
are used for the group type they desire. At the moment, I think
keeping ListGroups in this KIP is a good idea. If we actually want
to make it more sophisticated, perhaps that would be better with
the group administration KIP.

163. It will be one higher than the latest version at the time we are
ready to deliver this feature for real. When we are on the cusp of
delivery, I’ll update the KIP with the final value.

164. KRaft only. All the RPCs are “broker” only. None of the code will
be merged until after 3.8 has branched.

Thanks,
Andrew