Hi Bill Feel free to include KAFKA-20416 in the 4.3.2 release.
Thanks, Jiunn-Yang > Bill Bejeck <[email protected]> 於 2026年9月24日 清晨6:54 寫道: > > Hi Jiunn-Yang, > > I'm back again regarding https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-20416. > I dug a little deeper and I was able to find what I think is the root > cause - https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/23570. > Let me know if you agree about cherry-picking to 4.3.2 once merged into > trunk, which will hopefully be soon. > > Regards, > Bill > > On Mon, Sep 21, 2026 at 2:20 PM Bill Bejeck <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Hi Jiunn-Yang, >> >> Thanks for getting back to me. As it turns out, we won't need this PR, as >> with more information we've ruled out the original root-cause. >> I've updates the ticket to remove 4.3.2 as a fix version. >> >> -Bill >> >> On Sat, Sep 19, 2026 at 5:41 AM 黃竣陽 <[email protected]> wrote: >> >>> Hi Bill >>> >>> I'm fine with including KAFKA-20416 in the 4.3.2 release once >>> the PR is ready for cherry-picking. >>> >>> Thanks, >>> Jiunn-Yang >>> >>>> Bill Bejeck <[email protected]> 於 2026年9月19日 凌晨12:35 寫道: >>>> >>>> Hi Ken, >>>> >>>> I know we are a couple of days past code freeze but I'd like to include >>>> this bug fix https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-20416 into >>> the >>>> 4.3.2 release. >>>> I have a PR https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-20416 ready to >>> go >>>> now and should be ready to cherry-pick soon. >>>> >>>> Let me know if you agree about including this. >>>> >>>> -Bill >>>> >>>> On Thu, Sep 3, 2026 at 8:20 AM 黃竣陽 <[email protected]> wrote: >>>> >>>>> Hello Chia, >>>>> >>>>> Thanks for the suggestion. I'll change the date to September 16th (~2 >>>>> weeks). >>>>> >>>>> Best Regards, >>>>> Jiunn-Yang >>>>> >>>>>> Chia-Ping Tsai <[email protected]> 於 2026年9月3日 凌晨12:00 寫道: >>>>>> >>>>>> Hi Ken >>>>>> >>>>>> The code freeze looks a bit far out. There are no open issues, so >>> maybe >>>>> two >>>>>> weeks is enough? >>>>>> >>>>>> Best, >>>>>> Chia-Ping >>>>>> >>>>>> 黃竣陽 <[email protected]> 於 2026年9月2日週三 下午7:56寫道: >>>>>> >>>>>>> PoAn, Chia-Ping and I will be the release manager for the 4.3.2 bug >>> fix >>>>>>> release. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Here is the release plan >>>>>>> < >>>>>>> >>>>> >>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/spaces/KAFKA/pages/451971130/Release+Plan+4.3.2 >>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> The first release candidate will be cut on the 23rd of September (~3 >>>>> weeks >>>>>>> from the date of this email). >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns about the >>>>> schedule! >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Best Regards, >>>>>>> Jiunn-Yang >>>>> >>>>> >>> >>>
