I'm looking at Kafka Brokers authentication with ZooKeeper since this
looks independent of other tasks.

[AM]

1) Is authentication required only between kafka broker and zookeeper? Can we
assume "world" read so that consumers don't have to be authenticated (I believe
in any case kafka is planning to change in such that consumers don't have to
interact with zk)? In this case I assume kafka broker can I think easily create
the znode with appropriate acl list - broker can be admin.

2)  Zookeeper supports Kerberos authentication. Zookeeper supports SSL
connections (version 3.4 or later) but I don't see an x509 authentication
provider. Do we want to support x509 cert based authentication for zk?

- Arvind