Maybe we should add some AdminMessage RQ/RP wire protocol structure(s) and
let the controller handle it? We could then build the CLI and Shell in the
project both as useful tools and samples for others.

Making a http interface should be simple after KAFKA-1494 is done which all
client libraries could offer.

I will update the design tonight/tomorrow and should be able to have
someone starting to work on it this week.

Joe Stein
Founder, Principal Consultant
Big Data Open Source Security LLC
http://www.stealth.ly