Hello all,

  Completely new to kafka and scala but thought I would get my feet
wet with a few of the newbie tasks.

  I was able to get the source up and running in the Scala IDE and I
am able to debug the examples, however when I try to debug any of the
unit tests in core (for example the
unit.kafka.consumer.zookeeperconsumerconnectortest class) I get the
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

Class not found unit.kafka.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnectorTest

  I have searched the normal sites (SE and Mail archives) and
attempted a few solutions (adding physical directories of the .class
and .scala files to the build path adding junit libraries) but to no
avail.  My thoughts are this is due to the fact that the package
declaration on the unit tests point to the main pacakages not the unit
test package which is causing eclipse to freak out (though might be
way off base).

 also since I am just starting and I have no alliances yet is eclipse
the preferred IDE here or should I be going with Intellij?

I apologize for the complete newb question here but any help on setup
to get these unit tests up and running so I can start contributing I
would be grateful.

Thank you again.

Jonathan.