Hey Jun,

Initially I was thinking about instead of 3-4 state that global config
changes
take effect only after broker restart. So it's just:

3-4. On each broker startup apply global config from ZK

In other words, the comprehensive workflow is the following:
1. Issue ChangeGlobalConfigRequest
2. Controller validates / stores config in ZK
(out of scope of this KIP) 3. Do rolling restart for brokers one by one to
pick up
config changes

My understanding is that we won't be able to handle config change
dynamically
as we do for Log config. The main reason, from my point of view, is that
broker config operates such settings as num.io.threads updating which would
mean
gracefully restart some of the broker's components (in this case
SocketServer) which is,
in turn, might be very tricky.

Thanks,
Andrii Biletskyi