I looked into the consumer offset storage and it seems like for acl
storage we should not need something as complex. Consumer offset has
different throughput requirements which is why I think it made sense to
move away from zookeeper. Acls on the other hand seldom change and because
of the caching layer will require very low read rate. Zookeeper seems like
a perfect storage solution for small metadata like this.

As far as mirror maker goes, given we are adding the storage APIs for acls
(add/remove/get) it should be easy for mirror maker to use these APIs to
read acls and add it back in the new cluster.

Thanks
Parth