Hi Jay,

I don't say we can't get rid of configuration file, I believe we can - it
is just a lot of work and not a good idea IMO.

I think the analogy to "normal unix services" stands. MySQL and Postgres
use configuration files.

I think there two topics here:
1. Configuring dynamically created entities - topics, clients, etc. Topic
config is managed in ZK now, right? And we can do the same for clients, I
guess. Is this what was are discussing here?
2. Dynamic configuration of the broker itself - I think it makes more sense
to add a refresh from file mechanism and use puppet to manage broker
configuration (like normal services). I don't think we have any example of
that kind of configuration yet, right?

Gwen