Hi Jay,

I updated what I think int KIP wiki. Just a short summary here. Because we
need timeout for:
1. Send()
2. Batches in accumulator
3. Requests in flight.
That means we need to have at least three configurations if we do not
reuse configurations.

I think we probably want to also separate the configurations for exception
handling and SLA purposes as well.
My understanding of the configurations we are discussing here is they are
for exception handling but not for SLA purposes. It looks to me that
exception handling is more component oriented while SLA is more of
systematic tuning. What you suggested sounds more like to set
configurations to meet a user defined SLA. I am not sure if this is the
things we want to do here.

Thanks.

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin