Thanks Guazhang! Much clearer now, at least for me.

Few comments / questions:

1. Perhaps punctuate(int numRecords) will be a nice API addition, some
use-cases have record-count based windows, rather than time-based..
2. The diagram for "Flexible partition distribution" shows two joins.
Is the idea to implement two Processors and string them together?
3.  Is the local state persistent? Can you talk a bit about how local
state works with high availability?

Gwen