BTW. I think it will be great for Apache Kafka to have a 0.8.2 "release
manager" who's role is to cherrypick low-risk bug-fixes into the 0.8.2
branch and once enough bug fixes happened (or if sufficiently critical
fixes happened) to roll out a new maintenance release (with every 3 month
as a reasonable bugfix release target).

This will add some predictability regarding how fast we release fixes for
bugs.

Gwen