Thanks a lot for the reply, Jun. Yes, during implementation we can validate
the version configurations to make sure they make sense.

Since there haven't been objections in a couple of days. I am just closing
this KIP with a pass.

KIP-31 is passed with four +1(binding), four +1(non binding) and no -1.

Thanks a lot for all the reviews and votes.

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin