Hi Ismael,

Good point on the upgrade path. The release plan says that 0.10.0.0 is
targeted in Q2, 2016. If that is accurate, there are 6-7 months between
0.9.0.0 and 0.10.0.0, i.e. there are still about five months before the
next release. Our previous documentation only provides documentation on how
to upgrade from the last official release. If the releasing interval is a
concern, we can add documentation on how to upgrade from 0.8.x to 0.10.0.0
directly. Alternatively, we can suggest user to first upgrade to 0.9.0.0
then upgrade to 0.10.0.0.

Compatibility wise, personally I think a major version bump implies there
can be some backward incompatible change and people have to read upgrade
instructions before upgrade. We need to make it very clear in our upgrade
documentation like we did for 0.9.0.0.

Regarding the version renaming, actually I was one the people who was
confused about 0.8.3 to 0.9.0.0 rename. My take from last rename is that if
we have significant new features added, a new major release is preferred.
This is the same rationale behind this poll. The significance might be a
little subjective, but somehow people seem to have similar threshold on
that. :)

Thanks,

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin