Hey Ismael,

Yeah I think this is a minor cleanliness thing. Since this is kind of a
power user interface I don't feel strongly either way.

My motivation with Scala is just that we've tried to move to having the
public interfaces be Java, and as a group we definitely struggled a lot
with understanding and maintaining Scala compatibility in the older clients.

-Jay