Hi Philippe,

Great, since you agree with my reasonings, I have created a JIRA ticket for
optimizing KTableFilter (feel free to pick it up if you are interested in
contributing):

About case 3-c-1), what I meant is that since "predicate return true on both",
the resulted pair would just be the same as the original pair.

About KIP-63, itself is a rather big story, but it has one correspondence
to this JIRA: with caching you can dedup some records with the same key,
for example in the input records to the KTable is:

<a: 1>, <a: 2>, <a: 3>, <a: 4>, <a: 5>, <a: 6> ...

And the KTable is materialized into a state store with cache on top of it,
then the resulted downstream could be:

Instead of

So if it is piped to a filter() operator, then even less data will be
produced.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang