Hi Jayesh,

Like Gwen said KIP-4 is adding fields and requests to the wire protocols in
order to allow all admin tools to talk directly to Kafka and a client api
to support those requests. Talking to Kafka as opposed to Zookeeper allows
us to leverage authorization, lock down zookeeper, and improve
compatibility. Like Gwen said waiting until some of the KIP-4 work is done
may avoid rework. I can't make a commitment to how fast the client will be
available as it depends on many factors but progress is being made
regularly and I do have some mock client work done locally.

It looks like the only thing in your proposal that can not be supported via
the wire protocol today is the endpoints metadata. It's sort of a catch-22
because the bootstrap is required to connect to a Kafka cluster (as opposed
to zookeeper) and at that point the Metadata returned assumes an endpoint
of the connecting security protocol. Is that an acceptable limitation?

Thanks,
Grant

--
Grant Henke