Hi,

RequestTimeout is used for 2 cases :
1) Timing out the batches sitting in the accumulator.
2) Requests that are already sent over the wire and you have not yet heard
from the server.

In a case where there is a network partition, the client might not detect
it, till the actual TCP timeout that is I think around 30 minutes or more.
The requestTimeout setting kicks in before the TCP timeout and then the
request is re tried with fresh metadata or errored out depending upon the
retry setting.

Thanks,

Mayuresh

--