Thanks for the KIP, Ismael, looks great. I have just a couple of comments and
questions:

- I assume the znode containing the cluster id is persistent. Is there ever the
need to delete that znode to force a new instance id, and if so, how is it
expected to happen? I'm thinking about a scenario in which I have a cluster, I
wipe out intentionally to reset my state, and I want to start with a fresh
instance of the cluster. In such a case, it should be as simple as deleting the
znode manually, so I'm just wondering if this is what we are going to expect
from users. The alternative is to assume that the zookeeper ensemble is also
going to be wiped out in this case, or at least the corresponding sub-tree.
- I'm not actually suggesting that we do things manually, but I can see some
benefit in manually creating the cluster id znode and have brokers only check
that the znode is there before starting.
- One of the messages mentions changing names, which is a good point. If it
isn't necessary for correctness that all brokers have either no id or the same
id, then I'd think it is fine to just watch that znode for changes. Brokers
that are connect to zk will receive eventually a notification. But, you point
out that changing the name for a working cluster isn't necessary a desirable
feature, so this might not be needed.

Cheers,
-Flavio