Hi, Radi,

For 10, yes, we don't want the buffer pool to wake up the selector every
time some memory is freed up. We only want to do that when there is pending
requests to the buffer pool not honored due to not enough memory.

For 11, we probably want to be a bit careful with Weak References. In
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1989, we initially tried an
implementation based on Weak Reference, but abandoned it due to too much GC
overhead. It probably also makes the code a bit harder to understand. So,
perhaps it would be better if we can avoid it.

For 12, that's a good point. I thought the selector will do some shuffling
for fairness. Perhaps we should stop allocating from the buffer pool when
we see the first key whose memory can't be honored?

Thanks,

Jun