Hi Gwen,

I've also seen suggestions of using Jepsen for fault injection, but
> I'm not familiar with this framework.
>
> What do you guys think? Write our own failure injection? or write
> Kafka tests in Jepsen?

This would definitely add a lot of value and save a lot on release
validation overheads. I have heard of Jepsen (via the blog), but haven't
used it. At LinkedIn a couple of infra teams have been using Simoorg
<https://github.com/linkedin/simoorg> which being python-based would
perhaps be easier to use for system test writers than Clojure (under
Jepsen). The Ambry <https://github.com/linkedin/ambry> project at LinkedIn
uses it extensively (and I think has added several more failure scenarios
which don't seem to be reflected in the github repo). Anyway, I think we
should at least enumerate what we want to test and evaluate the
alternatives before reinventing.

Thanks,

Joel