Regarding the "compatibility" section, I would suggest being a bit more
specific about why it is a breaking change. For Streams, it could mean
different things:

1. User need code change when switching library dependency on the new
version, otherwise it won't compile(I think this is the case for this KIP).
2. User need code change when switching library dependency on the new
version, otherwise runtime exception will be thrown.
3. Existing application state as well as internal topics need to be swiped
and the program need to restart from zero.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang