Didn't get a chance to review this earlier, but this LGTM. Minor comments:
- The current name is fine, but I would have preferred calling it
RecordingLevel to RecordLevel - first thing that comes to my mind with
RecordLevel is Kafka records.
- Under future work: it may be useful to allow specifying different
recording levels for different hierarchies of sensors (similar to logging
levels for different loggers)

Thanks,

Joel