Hi Dong,

Thanks for the writeup!  It's very interesting.

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed somewhere else.  But I
am curious if you have considered the solution of running multiple
brokers per node.  Clearly there is a memory overhead with this solution
because of the fixed cost of starting multiple JVMs.  However, running
multiple JVMs would help avoid scalability bottlenecks.  You could
probably push more RPCs per second, for example.  A garbage collection
in one broker would not affect the others.  It would be interesting to
see this considered in the "alternate designs" design, even if you end
up deciding it's not the way to go.

best,
Colin