@Manikumar,

Can you give an example how you are planning to use PrincipalBuilder?

@Jun
Yes, that is right. To give a brief overview, we just extract the cert and
hand it over to a third party library for creating a Principal. So we
cannot create a Principal from just a string.
The main motive behind adding the PrincipalBuilder for kafk-acls.sh was
that someone else (who can generate a Principal from map of propertie,
<String, String> for example) can use it.
As I said, Linkedin is fine with not making any changes to Kafka-acls.sh
for now. But we thought that it would be a good improvement to the tool and
it makes it more flexible and usable.

Let us know your thoughts, if you would like us to make kafka-acls.sh more
flexible and usable and not limited to Authorizer coming out of the box.

Thanks,

Mayuresh

--
-Regards,