Regarding 1: We won't lose the offset from zookeeper upon partition
transfer from OZKCC/MDZKCC to MEZKCC because MEZKCC has
"dual.commit.enabled" set to true as well as "offsets.storage" set to
kafka. The combination of these configs results in the consumer fetching
offsets from both kafka and zookeeper and just picking the greater of the
two.