Guozhang,

about renaming the config parameters. I like this idea, but want to
point out, that this change should be done in a backward compatible way.
Thus, we need to keep (and only deprecate) the current parameter names.

I am not sure about (2)? What do you worry about? Using a "stateful
extractor"? -- this would be an antipattern IMHO. We can clarify that a
TimestampExtrator should be stateless though (even if this should be
clear).

-Matthias