Based on the initial discussion here, and the draft KIP-133, it sounds
like the plan is to have AdminClient APIs like: addAcls, removeAcls,
listAcls, listConfig, changeConfig (roughly speaking).

However, just to play devil's advocate here a bit, wouldn't AdminClient
users find it more natural to view all of those things as topic
modifications or descriptions?

For example, why can't I find the configuration or ACLs applied to
topics when calling describeTopics?  Why can't I have an alterTopics API
that can alter both ACLs and configuration?  And if we decide to have
APIs like that, shouldn't we have AlterTopicsRequest and
DescribeTopicsRequest instead of ListAclsRequest,
ListConfigurationRequest, AlterAclsRequest, AlterConfigurationRequest?

I'm curious which approach seems better.

cheers,
Colin