Hi Mathieu,

I believe you are referring to the connector property "name". This property
is a connector config property as opposed to a Connect worker config
property. Name is specified per connector instance and not per connector
class. The scope of the KIP discussed here (KIP-146) is referring to
classloading isolation specifically, and therefore does not seem to be the
appropriate forum to discuss the proposed change to the REST API.

I imagine KIP-151 would be more appropriate, but again this KIP is
discussing changes to the REST API for Plugins (meaning classes and jars)
and not live Connector instances. As I mentioned, "name" is a property of a
connector instance not a connector plugin property.

I hope this helps.
-Konstantine