+1

On 19/06/17 21:31, Vahid S Hashemian wrote:
Thanks everyone. Great discussion.

Because these Read or Write actions are interpreted in conjunction with
particular resources (Topic, Group, ...) it would also make more sense to
me that for committing offsets the ACL should be (Group, Write).
So, a consumer would be required to have (Topic, Read), (Group, Write)
ACLs in order to function.

--Vahid

From:   Colin McCabe <cmcc...@apache.org>
To:     us...@kafka.apache.org
Date:   06/19/2017 11:01 AM
Subject:        Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-163: Lower the Minimum Required ACL
Permission of OffsetFetch

Thanks for the explanation.  I still think it would be better to have
the mutation operations require write ACLs, though.  It might not be
100% intuitive for novice users, but the current split between Describe
and Read is not intuitive for either novice or experienced users.

In any case, I am +1 on the incremental improvement discussed in
KIP-163.

cheers,
Colin