Hi Ismael,

your third option is really appealing for me :-)

Just one thought about that ...

If we decide to go in this way we could have an 1.0 release with both Scala
(zookeeper) and Java (bootstrap-server) implementations but then the shell
script to chose one of them with the --zookeeper deprecation.

The final Scala (zookeeper) removal will happen on version 2.0 (following the
policies about "major.minor.patch" release) but it could be months and months
later.

In the meantime, let's suppose that we want to add a new --foo option to the
tool; we should do that on both implementations having them in sync and it
could be a problem until on 2.0 release when we get rid of the Scala
implementation.

I really like your way but it could be better if we agree that new command
options will be added only to the Java (bootstrap-server) implementation. It
could mean pushing users to move from old to new tool ... that is good for us.

What do you think ?

Thanks,

Paolo Patierno
Senior Software Engineer (IoT) @ Red Hat