Thanks Dong,  do you mean it is more like a naive improvement and no KIP is
needed  then?

________________________________
发件人: Dong Lin <lindon...@gmail.com>
发送时间: 2017年8月3日 9:10
收件人: dev@kafka.apache.org
主题: Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-178: Size-based log directory selection strategy

Hey Xu,

Thanks for the KIP. This is a very good idea to select log directory based
on the free disk space. Do you think we can simply simply change the
implementation to select log directory based on the free disk space instead
of adding a new config? Or is there any good reason that user will want to
select log directory with the least partition number instead of the one
with the most free disk space?

Thanks,
Dong