Thanks Guozhang for the suggestion.

For now, I have updated KIP incorporating your suggestion.
Personally I think implicitly enabling compaction whenever policy is set to
compact is more appropriate. Because new users like me will always assume
that setting policy to compact will enable compaction.

But having said that, It will be interesting to know, if there are any
use-cases where user would explicitly want to turn off the compactor.

Thanks,
Pranav