Hi

Sometimes kafka is used in nearly real-time java applications that has low
latency requirements. In that case it is very important to minify latency.
In kafka producer API there are two things that are done synchronously and
can be optimized:
 - cluster metadata fetch
 - wait for free memory in buffer

I suppose this API can be rewritten easily to satisfy real time needs.
Cluster metada fetch can be done asynchronously. And to prevent blocking
and waiting on out of memory block.on.buffer.full=false parameter
and BufferExhaustedException can be reimplemented.

So my question is does this change present in any roadmaps, does anybody
already required it? If I create PR with that implemented will that be
accepted?

--
С уважением, Павел
+7-903-258-5544