Hi Rajini,

The metrics in KIP-188 will provide counts across all users but the log
could potentially be used to audit individual authentication events.  I
think these would be useful at INFO level but if it's inconsistent with the
rest of Kafka, DEBUG is ok too.  The default log4j config for Kafka
separates authorization logs.  It seems like a good idea to treat
authentication logs the same way whether or not we choose DEBUG or INFO.

https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/config/log4j.properties#L54-L58

Cheers,

Roger