Hi Colin,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

On 5 September 2017 at 22:22, Colin McCabe <cmcc...@apache.org> wrote:

> Why does there need to be a map at all in the API?

>From a purely technical PoV there doesn't, but doing something else would
make the API inconsistent with other similar AdminClient *Results classes,
which all expose a Map directly.

> Why not just have
> something like this:

I agree this would be a better solution. I will update the KIP and ask
people to vote again. (Is that the right process?)

It might be worth bearing this in mind for future AdminClient APIs:
Exposing a Map directly means you can't retrofit handling a null argument
to mean "all the things", whereas wrapping the map would allow that.

Thanks again,

Tom