Hi Paolo,

Thanks for the KIP.

What errors can be anticipated for the API method (See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-5445)?

It's not mentioned in KIP-107, but maybe now is a good time to consider
whether there should be some kind of DeleteRecordsPolicy, like there is for
creating topics? Note: KIP-170 proposes a TopicDeletePolicy, but I don't
think you could use that as currently proposed, because it would be unable
to distinguish the deletion of an entire topic from the deletion of some
records within a topic.

Thanks again,

Tom