GitHub user schrepfler opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/3926

    KAFKA-5934 Cross build for Scala 2.12

    Tried to do some simple refactorings to publish Kafka 0.8.x for Scala 2.12
as it's still used quite a lot in the industry. Let me know if more needs to be
done, I don't use gradle day to day plus there probably was a change in gradle
4 which required a change to  build.gradle and I bumped the scala modules from
1.0.2 to 1.0.6.

    $ git pull https://github.com/William-Hill-Online/kafka 0.8.2

    https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/3926.patch

    This closes #3926

----
commit 43add2ab048dbd706d17960f0cebb737da926669
Author: Srdan Srepfler <schrepf...@gmail.com>
Date:   2017-09-19T23:42:33Z

    KAFKA-5934 Cross build for Scala 2.12

----