Hi Ted,

Thanks for the feedback!

bq. topic.action.policy.class.name

> Since the policy would cover more than one action, how about using actions
> for the second word ?

Good point, done.

> For TopicState interface, the abstract modifier for its methods are not
> needed.

Fixed.

bq. KIP-113

> Mind adding more to the above bullet ?

I guess I intended to elaborate on this, but forgot to. I guess the
question is:

a) Whether AlterReplicaDir should be covered by a policy, and if so
b) should it be covered by this policy.

Thinking about it some more I don't think it should be covered by this
policy, so I have removed this bullet. Please shout if you disagree.

> bq. If this KIP is accepted for Kafka 1.1.0 this removal could happen in
> Kafka 3.0.0
>
> There would be no Kafka 2.0 ?

As I understand it, a deprecation has to exist for a complete major version
number cycle before the feature can be removed. So deprecations that are
added in 1.x (x>0) have to remain in all 2.y before removal in 3. Did I
understand the policy wrong?