Hi All,

I've updated KIP-201 again so there is now a single policy interface (and
thus a single key by which to configure it) for topic creation,
modification, deletion and record deletion, which each have their own
validation method.

There are still a few loose ends:

1. I currently propose validateAlterTopic(), but it would be possible to be
more fine grained about this: validateAlterConfig(), validAddPartitions()
and validateReassignPartitions(), for example. Obviously this results in a
policy method per operation, and makes it more clear what is being changed.
I guess the down side is its more work for implementer, and potentially
makes it harder to change the interface in the future.

2. A couple of TODOs about what the TopicState interface should return when
a topic's partitions are being reassigned.

Your thoughts on these or any other points are welcome.

Thanks,

Tom