The main goal of this KIP is to enable decoupling StreamsResetter from
core module. For this case (ie, using AdminClient within
StreamsResetter) we get the group.id from the user as command line
argument. Thus, I think the KIP is useful without "describe group"
command to.

I am happy to include "describe group" command in the KIP. Just want to
point out, that there is no reason to insist on it IMHO.

-Matthias