Hi,

I'm in favor of moving away from HTML as well, while I have not had
direct exposure to the pain points that Ewen mentions it is in general
not pleasant to write docs in I think and bears a lot of risk of
parsing failures etc.

I can't vote for using rst, not having used it, but I am happy to vote
against markdown, as my own experience is that you hit its limitations
fairly quickly and start looking for ways around these limitatios,
which would likely make us end up in a similarly hacky place as where
we are today, just on top of a different basis.

Best regards,
Sönke

--
Sönke Liebau