My bad, I forgot I had checked out the 1.0.1 source which has Jackson
2.9.1...

I thought the fix required 2.9.3 based on what I'd been told by the
security team at a customer (the original motivation behind my email), but
I dug a bit deeper and it looks like 2.9.1 has the patch
<https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-databind/issues/1847#issuecomment-348409708>,
so 1.0.1 is already protected against this.

Thanks Ismael, and my apologies for wasting everyone's time.