@Xi:

1. SimpleConsumerShell is marked as deprecated in 0.11.0 and will be
removed soon in the future releases, so I did not consider it in this KIP.
2. Yes, it is contained in the Public Interfaces section of the wiki,
please read the section and let me know (it is slightly different with your
proposed PR).

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang